Everyone in my family has a sweet tooth, and we have been experimenting with different desserts since as far back as I can remember. There is one dessert, however, that we continue to make for every occasion. It is a family classic and crowd favorite, and it is so incredibly easy (aside from a bit of math involved) and absolutely delicious.
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust (we like the Keebler brand)
1 8oz container of Cool Whip
2 packages Jell-o Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
2 cups of milk
1. Combine milk and pudding mix in medium bowl powder disappears completely. The resulting mixture will be thicker than regular pudding.
2. Divide in thirds and layer 2/3 of the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
3. Divide Cool Whip in thirds and add 1/3 of Cool Whip to remaining 1/3 of chocolate pudding. Mix until combined completely; this mixture should be light brown and somewhat fluffy.
4. Add Cool Whip/Pudding mixture as the second layer in the pie crust.
5. Spread remaining Cool Whip as the third layer of the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving. The longer it sits, the more the crust will absorb some of the moisture and be less likely to crumble when serving.
6. Bring to parties and hear your friends and family admire the delicious chocolate pie that you *slaved over* for years to come 😉